Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sayings of Abu al-Hassan al-Kharaqani Sahab

  • Shaikh Abul Hassan had written on the door of his khaneqah: “Anyone who comes to this house, give him food and do not ask about his faith. Because, as he merits a life next to the exalted God, no doubt he deserves a meal on my table.
  • I feel, I hear, I speak, but I do not exist.
  • There are 24 hours in a day. I die a thousand times in an hour, and I cannot explain the other 23 hours.
  • People cannot describe me. No matter in which words or in which terms they present me, I am the opposite of what they say.
  • I am neither a Sufi, nor a scientist, nor a pious. Oh Lord, you are the one and only, and I am one of your oneness.
  • What if there were neither the Hell nor the Heaven, so that we could see the real devout person?!
  • A scholar wakes up early in the morning and seeks how to increase his knowledge. A pious wakes up and seeks how to increase his faith. But Abul-Hassan looks for how to make a human being happy.
  • The one who said "I reached Allah (to the God, to the Truth and Reality)", he did not. And the one who said "He (God) himself made me reach him", he reached Allah (or he attained the reality).
  • He was asked: "Where did you see the God?" He answered: "...wherever I did not see my own self."
  • Whatever exists in the entire universe, it is also in your own heart. You have to gain the ability to see it.
  • The one who fell in Love found Allah. And the one who found Allah, forgot his own self.
  • In the whole world only one person could understand me, and it was Bayazid.

1 comment:

  1. Around 11th century there was a mystic living in Persia
    His name : Abu Hasan Kharaqani

    His wife was incorrigible, inconsiderate and not courteous at all. He was very patient with her.

    One day, one of his Sisyas came looking for him and Hassan’s wife was as usual angry and told the student

    “I do not know where he is, may be he has gone into the forest looking after his animal friends”

    The Murid went into the jungle looking for his Guru and found his Guru riding a huge lion.

    The student was scared and called to his Guru saying ‘Oh Guru watch out, I wonder why your wife is not as submissive as this lion”

    The Guru replied, At home I carry my sheep (my wife) patiently on my shoulders and in the forest the lions reward me by carrying me on their shoulders.

    Some mystics/saints/swamis could do miracles initially to make their conviction firmer such as flying in the sky.

    Once Abu Hasan Kharkani also performed this feat and his wife saw some one flying but did not know it was her husband.

    When Abu Hasan Kharkani returned home his wife said she witnessed a Holyman flying, you are also a Holyman Can you do that?.

    Then Abu Hassan thought he could get the respect of his wife by revealing the secret and said it was he who was flying for which his wife said, no wonder you could not fly straight and I saw you unstable and unsteady: Abu Hasan the poor husband lost again.. Do We Not Have such wives right in our midst in India and around the world?

    ReplyDelete